Friday, August 19, 2011

Spread Thin

I don't know what my problem is, but I feel the need to be incessantly busy.

Incessantly.

Over committed. Stressed out. Loosing sleep. Busy.

I'm thinking I might need to start a support group. Busy Peoples Anonymous! Anyone wanna join me?

It's not that I intend to be busy. It just happens. I say yes to one thing, and then another and pretty soon all my "yes'" are piling up in a crazy pile and suddenly I find myself over panicking over how I'm going to get it all done. I begin to wonder if I'm overcommitting myself.

Right now I'm looking at my calendar and making a mental list of the "to do" list I need to pencil on an extra long sheet of yellow lined note paper. But even that is making my heart palpitations beat right out of my chest.

I'm so scared of failure. Letting people down.

Letting myself down.

I've thought about letting go of some of my commitments, but can't imagine each one of them not being a part of my life.

Maybe I just need a support group.

Maybe this is my Type A, need to be organized and good at everything personality shinning through.

Or maybe I'm stressing over something that I don't need to, but just need to sit back, turn off my computer and dedicate some time to crossing stuff off my to do list.

Seems simple.

Then I found this..... Simple. Yet it puts everything into perspective.


So, I think it's time to lay some of these things down at Jesus' feet.....

4 comments: